While BOTOX® and injectables have primarily been used for anti-aging treatments, there is a long history of therapeutic uses that expand far beyond softening lines and wrinkles…
Largely due to its minimally invasive nature, the use of injectables has proven effective for treating conditions such as high lip lines, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Bruxism, ill-fitting dentures due to shifting jaw muscles, and more.
Dr. Rutsis’ investment in lifelong learning has continued to shape her interest in helping patients maintain optimal oral health while achieving the desired aesthetic results for her patients.
BOTOX® and Injectables for Lines & Wrinkles
- You’ve most likely heard of BOTOX®, but did you know Botox® is just one of multiple FDA-approved injectables within the neurotoxin or Botulinum toxin (BTA) classification? These medications target the repeated muscle contractions over the years; Once injected into the muscle, you will begin to notice a softening or smoothing of lines and frown lines.
- Our office uses injectables to help provide a refreshed, more youthful appearance. The goal should never be to smooth out every line and wrinkle or overfill. We offer knowledge and expertise in what works best, whether you are in the prevention, correction, or maintenance phase of aging.
BOTOX® for Bruxism, TMJ, and Pain
- BOTOX® has become an increasingly popular treatment for Bruxism, jaw pain, and TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders. When injected into afflicted facial muscles, BOTOX® relaxes associated tension and pain for many patients. While some TMJ symptoms may improve without any treatment, Botox® often provides faster and long-lasting relief for many.
- Most patients experience noticeable improvement within one or two days of their first treatment, although relief may take up to a week.
Overview of Expectations and Benefits:
- Alleviated tension in the jaw/temporomandibular joint
- Reduced shoulder and/or neck pain
- Minimized feeling of lockjaw
- Eliminated headaches caused by nighttime teeth grinding
To learn more about our injectable services, please call our office at 321-459-2022.